An amusing 9-minute video by Live Action Media demonstrates some crucial points to consider when working alone.
- Perform a Risk Assessment
- Take Precautions to Mitigate Risks
In addition, business should also perform several additional steps to reduce risks to their lone workers:
- Create a lone worker safety policy, either as a subsection of an existing safety policy, or as a stand-alone document
- Perform a lone worker risk assessment to determine if your workers are at risk (Download Blackline’s Free Lone Worker Assessment Tool Here >>)
- Actively monitor the safety of lone workers using a lone worker safety monitoring device